How to Make African Soup
How to Make It
Place peanuts in a food processor; process until smooth (about 2 minutes), scraping sides of bowl once.
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Add peanut butter, potato, and next 6 ingredients (potato through tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until potato is tender. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- 2/3 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 6 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)